Visa Information for Students

Visa information

Your Immigration Responsibilities here at the College

Student Visas

East Sussex College is awarded Student Sponsor - Track Record status on the Register of licensed sponsors: students. We have permission by the UKVI to recruit and enrol international students on academic programmes longer than 6 months.

Which visa is required?

The visa you apply for depends on your circumstances.

If you’re studying on an English language course for up to 11 months, apply for a Short-term study visa.

If you’re coming to study on a further or higher education course, apply for a Student visa.

Many students can study in the UK for up to six months without a visa and some nationalities need to apply for a Standard Visitor visa.

When you have been accepted at East Sussex College, we will provide you with the relevant documents you need for a visa application.

Please start your application process as soon as you can to avoid any delay.

Brexit – Immigration

Advice and guidance about routes to the UK for EU, EEA and Swiss nationals can be found on the website for UKCISA and UK Visas and Immigration

Please contact us at for more information about the best route to study for your chosen course